Russia denies rumors of sending a response letter to the United States.
According to the Russian news agency RIA Novosti, Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Alexander Grusko denied the rumors on Tuesday that Moscow had sent an official response to the United States on Washington’s counter-proposals for the security guarantees requested by Russia.
According to RIA Novosti, a diplomatic source said that the answer is still being drafted and will be sent later to the US and that so far only questions have been sent to the States.
The rumors were first reported by a Washington Post article on Monday, citing a US State Department official who spoke on condition of anonymity, saying Russia had already submitted written responses to the United States’ letter to Moscow asking for ” security guarantees” in Eastern Europe.
But the situation is quite confusing as the State Department through a spokesman confirmed to the Associated Press that it has received a written response from Russia despite the fact that Russia denies it.
Vladimir Putin said last week that although Russia is not satisfied with the US and NATO responses, it is ready to continue discussions on all issues.
GEOPOLITIKI.COM – Share the news with your friends!