HomeNEWSUS forces begin now the final stage of evacuation operation at Kabul...

US forces begin now the final stage of evacuation operation at Kabul airport

Date:

Latest News

Greek Army is interested in SPEAR 120mm mortar system mounted on JLTV

The Hellenic Army General Staff appears to be interested...

Greece received 180 more M1117’s from the United States

The Hellenic Army General Staff announced, the official receipt...

Russia expels eight Greek diplomats – Greek Foreign Ministry response

Russia expelled eight Greek diplomats, declaring them "personae non...

Teng Yun 2: Taiwan’s UAV flew non stop for more than 10 hours

Last weekend, Taiwan-made Teng Yun 2 unmanned aerial vehicle...

On Sunday, a security official revealed that the US forces are beginning the final stage of the evacuation process at Kabul Airport.

The security official said, during press statements, that “more than 1,000 people are still at Kabul airport, waiting for their evacuation.” He added: “The crowds outside Kabul airport dwindled after the last warning of an imminent attack.”

The United States had warned of a “specific and credible threat” near Kabul airport and called on its citizens to leave the area immediately. The warning comes days after a bloody attack on the airport, carried out by the terrorist organization ISIS, which resulted in dozens of casualties.

“Due to a specific and credible threat, all Americans in the vicinity of Kabul airport… should leave the airport area immediately,” the US embassy in Kabul said in a security alert.
In its warning, the embassy indicated the threat to “the south gate (of the airport), the new gate of the Ministry of Interior, and the gate near the Panjshir Petroleum Station on the northwest side of the airport.”

On Saturday evening, US President Joe Biden warned of a “very likely” attack in the Afghan capital, Kabul, in the coming hours. Biden said in statements that military leaders informed him of the possibility of an attack in the next 24-36 hours in Kabul.

The US President stressed that the situation on the ground in Afghanistan is still dangerous and that the US strike against ISIS in Afghanistan will not be the last. And John Kirby, a spokesman for the US Department of Defense, said earlier that the airstrike in Afghanistan, yesterday, killed two ISIS elements and wounded another.

The spokesman for the US Department of Defense indicated in a press briefing that the two people killed in the US raid against ISIS were involved in the Kabul airport attack.

John Kirby stressed that US forces “began a gradual withdrawal from Afghanistan.”
The number of victims of the two suicide bombings, which took place Thursday, near the airport of the Afghan capital, Kabul, rose to 79 dead, and 120 wounded, according to an Afghan health official.

Must Read

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here